Walch Education works with educators to develop, produce, and implement high school math materials that meet state and national standards. We work closely with district and state leaders to define and deliver targeted programs that reflect their needs, incorporate the best research and are useful given today’s classroom realities.
If you would like to apply for any of the positions below, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Graphic Designer/DTP Specialist (posted 3/9/17)
Compensation: hourly TBD based on experience
Location: Riverside St., Portland
Walch Education is a growing educational publisher delivering custom high-school mathematics curriculum and supplements to school districts across the country.
We are seeking a highly motivated, quick technical learner to join our fast-paced product development team. In this role, you will work on the layout and customization of long-form mathematics curriculum, including print and digital versioning. This involves using InDesign for layout, correction, and editing of book documents, Illustrator for graph creation and editing, PowerPoint for creating interactive presentations, and other programs for related tasks. We publish using the K4 Cross-Media Publishing Platform, and in this position you may have the opportunity to be trained to use and work in this system, ingesting and preparing content for re-purposing to other media channels.
This is NOT a creative position. Though a creative background is necessary, we need someone who is used to repetitive tasks, follows directions, works independently, and has a keen attention to detail.
- Working on-site with Director of Publications and Editorial Director to lay out manuscripts and repurpose existing content into new print and digital publications using the K4 Cross-Media Publishing Platform
- Creating, updating, correcting graphs using Illustrator and other graphing software
- Creating presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Manipulating PDF content with Acrobat
- Other tasks as needed
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Full understanding of InDesign and its publishing features. This includes the use of master pages, text frames and threading, section markers, and other long-form document features.
- Prior experience with the K4 Cross-Media Publishing Platform, or other publishing CMS
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow directions, work independently, and problem-solve
- Strong communication, attention-to-detail, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Experience with MathType or Equation Editor a plus
- Experience with HTML, XML, MYSQL a plus
- Previous publishing experience a plus
- Strong math background a plus
THIS IS A 3-6 MONTH TEMPORARY, PART TIME (+/-20 hours per week) POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF BECOMING LONG TERM PART- OR FULL-TIME.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. DO NOT contact with unsolicited services or offers.
High School Mathematics Freelancers (posted 5/16/16)
Walch Integrated Math is currently seeking strong math educators for freelance work. This includes content development, accuracy review/answer checking, and GeoGebra applet development.
Freelancers work with the support of detailed templates and specifications, and of in-house experts.
Strong content knowledge, familiarity with the Common Core Standards and with standards-based teaching and learning, and the ability to work to specifications and to meet deadlines are requirements of the work. Freelance experience is a plus.