Visit Social Studies School Service, the new home of Walch social studies titles.
Where Is It? World Geography Fun for Middle School is the third edition of this popular classic. Theer are eight units dividing the world into continents and regions. Each unit has a pretest that stuients can go through on their own before consulting a map or atlas for answers.
Each unit also includes:
- a self-checking crossword puzzle that reviews political features
- a self-checking hidden-phrase puzzle that reviews physical features
- a study page that gives students practice in using scales of distance and direction
- a study page using latuitute and longitude to locate given features
- a final review in which students find 20 geographic features on a map
Where Is It? also includes an overall world review as well as a generous selection of quiz questions for each region, along with teaching suggestions and answer keys.