Texas 5E Inquiry Science Units for Grade 6
is a toolkit of of inquiry-based science lessons with hands-on investigation addressing each of the new or enhanced TEKS for middle school students. Developed in consultation with Texas science educators, the Texas 5E Inquiry Science
units can be used as either a complete resource or to complement any existing science program.
- 9 inquiry-based units developed for and including each of the new or enhanced TEKS for grade 6.
- Employs the 5E Model of Inquiry: Engagement, Exploration, Explanation, Elaboration, and Evaluation with the 5Es highlighted in both teacher and student materials.
- Each unit takes 3–5 class periods with at least 40% of the time in lab activities.
- Every unit encompasses both significant science content AND important science skills.
- Two versions of each Student Lab Sheet—one designed to support ELL and Special Ed students with scaffolding, sentence starters, choices, definitions, etc.
- Click here to register and order a review copy.