The Texas 5E Inquiry Science Units for Grade 5
, adopted by the State Board of Education, is a valuable resource that provides every teacher and student with real hands-on science investigation. Developed in consultation with Texas science educators, the Texas 5E Inquiry Science
units employ best-practices in science instruction.
- 8 inquiry-based units addressing each of the new or enhanced TEKS for grade 5
- Employ the 5E Model of Inquiry: Engagement, Exploration, Explanation, Elaboration, and Evaluation with the 5Es highlighted in both teacher and student materials
- Each unit takes 3–5 class periods with at least 40% of the time in lab activities.
- Every unit encompasses both significant science content AND important science skills.
- Web access is not required for implementation.
- Two versions of each Student Lab Sheet—one designed to support ELL and Special Ed students with scaffolding, sentence starters, choices, definitions, etc.
- Spanish version of all student worksheets included
- Click here to register and order a review copy.