Engaging middle school students in math class can be a challenge.
The good news is that Station Activities can be fun for adolescents and have proven to be one of the best teaching methods for students this age.
Mathematics Station Activities for CCGPS, Grades 6-8 includes hands-on, problem-solving activities that students can work on in small groups. Students learn to apply mathematical skills to engaging, real-life mathematical problems and use their reasoning skills to obtain answers.
The series includes these 3 books:
Mathematics Station Activities for CCGPS, Grade 6
Mathematics Station Activities for CCGPS, Grade 7
Mathematics Station Activities for CCGPS, Grade 8
- Multiple sets of activities, each with 4 separate stations
- 15 minutes per station followed by a debrief discussion
- Correlated to Common Core Georgia Performance Standards
- Uses readily available materials and manipulatives (not included)
- May be used in addition to direct instruction, or instead of direct instruction in areas where students understand the basic concepts but need practice.