Project-based learning with real-world problems.
Expeditions in Your Classroom: Middle School Mathematics for Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills brings real-world problem solving to middle school mathematics classrooms. Whether it's using geometric formulas to design a garden, algebraic tools to conduct an energy audit, or data analysis to learn how scouts spot sports talent, your students will enjoy these engaging projects.
- 10 separate projects, from "Energy Audit" to "Hottest Jobs"
- 10-12 hours per project (prep, homework, and activities)
- TEKS domains covered include Number, Operation, and Quantitative Reasoning; Patterns, Relationships, and Algebraic Thinking; Measurement; Probability and Statistics; and Underlying Processes and Mathematical Tools.
- Correlated to TEKS
- Extensive teacher support included
- 266 page Reproducible Teacher Book. A digital download version is also available.