Project-based learning with real-world problems.
Expeditions in Your Classroom: Middle School Mathematics for Common Core State Standards, Grades 6-8 brings real-world problem-solving to middle school mathematics classrooms. Whether it's using geometric formulas to design a garden, algebraic tools to conduct an energy audit, or data analysis to learn how scouts spot sports talent, your students will enjoy these engaging projects.
- 10 separate projects, from "Energy Audit" to "Hottest Jobs"
- 10-12 hours per project (prep, homework, and activities)
- Topics covered include Ratios and Proportional Relationships, The Number System, Expressions and Equations, Functions, Geometry, and Statistics and Probability
- Correlated to Common Core State Standards
- Extensive teacher support included