The CCSS Traditional Pathway: Algebra I Essentials program is a complete set of purpose-built, flexible, problem-based instructional resources 100% aligned to the CCSS Appendix A for the traditional pathway and infused with the 8 Standards of Mathematical Practice (SMP). The cost for the Algebra I Essentials teacher and student resources is $12 per student per year*.
View Content Map Request Samples
The program is comprised of:
- Complete online teacher resources through WalchConnect**
- Student Practice Pack (one book per student per year)
Algebra I Essentials employs the same flexible instructional design as Walch's popular high school integrated math program. It contains components that support problem-based learning, instruct and coach as needed, provide practice, and assess students’ skills and understanding. These include:
- Pre, progress, and unit assessments
- Standards, essential questions, vocabulary, and recommended resources
- Warm Ups and debriefs
- Introduction, key concepts, graphing calculator directions, and guided practice examples for reference or direct instruction
- Problem-Based Tasks with optional coaching questions
- Practice sets
More components are available and can be added at any time for a modest additional cost.
- Online assessments with modern assessment types, scoring, and reporting
- Station Activities for each unit
- Expanded Student Workbooks
- Power Points with video clips and applets
- Student Resource Books
See also the Algebra I Comprehensive program that includes the additonal components listed above. Here is a comparison of the Algebra Essentials and Algebra Comprehensive programs.