This 25-page guide provides parents with an overview of the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS), which are adapted from the Georgia Performance Standards as well as the Common Core. The Common Core Georgia Performance Standards Parent Guide provides both information and reassurance to parents that common standards will promote student learning, and that local schools remain in control of instruction.
- An overview of the Common Core State Standards and CCGPS
- Charts comparing outgoing standards to the CCGPS
- Background on how and why the standards were developed
- An explanation of why change is needed
- A summary of the new domains and conceptual categories for each grade level
- Implications/What’s Next
- Upcoming changes in assessments
- An explanation of how the Mathematical Practices are folded into instruction
- Glossary of terms and a list of additional online resources
With the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards Parent Guide, parents will understand how the new standards will help prepare their children for college and careers in a global economy. Volume discounts are available.